The Firefly and Serenity Database's blog policy, like the talk page and User page policies, is designed to keep the focus on editing articles. To maintain this focus there are a few policies regarding blogs.
- Blogs must be on-topic – This means they must discuss something related to the site, whether it be new material coming out that will impact our articles and what changes will need to be made, announcing changes to the site structure or content, organizing a project for improving the site or an article, or discussing potential changes in policy.
- Keep it civil – Civility is expected to be maintained in all blog posts and comments. Blogs are not to be used to make a point or make personal attacks against users.
- No fan fiction – Blogs are not to be used to post your fan fiction. Users who post blogs of their fan fiction will be advised to take it to a Fanon Wiki, and their blog post will be deleted.
- Blogs do not replace forums – Blogs should not be used to ask for help or other site questions that would be more appropriate in one of the Forums, such as the help desk. These blogs will be moved to the appropriate forum before being deleted. Similarly, blogs do not replace article talk pages in being used to talk about changes to a specific article.
- Excessive blog edits – Blogs are not your primary contribution to the Wiki, and users who have an excessive number of their edits in the blog namespace will be warned and potentially blocked at the administrators discretion.
Blog posts failing the above rules will be deleted and the user warned and/or blocked at the administrator's discretion. All blog posts must be categorized into Category:Blog posts.