Serenity: The Shepherd's Tale is an upcoming graphic novel and the 3rd Serenity comic entry following Serenity: Those Left Behind and Serenity: Better Days. Ron Glass announced it at the 2007 Browncoat Cruise. The series will focus on Shepherd Book's secret past.
Nothing has been released on the plot as of yet, however certain information which will be included in the mini-series has been released,
- A part of Shepherd Book is artificial
- He found God in a bowl of soup
- Book is best known for his greatest failure
- "Derrial" is not his real name. He took that name from a man he killed.
Behind the scenes
This series was confirmed in Serenity: Better Days #1 and is currently in the early development stages, with plans to debut it before the end of the year (2008). This was, however untrue.
Dark Horse has announced recently the release date of November, 2010 and "The Shepherd's Tale" will be a hardcover graphic novel. According to Scott Allie, the three-year delay was because no appropriate author could be found to write the story from Whedon's outlines, until Joss brought his brother Zack in on the project in late 2009.
Notes and references
- Manning, Shaun (March 9, 2010). "Allie and Samnee on "Serenity: The Shepherd's Tale"". Comic Book Resources. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25133. Retrieved on March 13, 2010.
- Manning, Shaun (March 11, 2010). "Whedon tells "The Shepherd's Tale"". Comic Book Resources. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25183. Retrieved on March 13, 2010.